Useful Work, Inc. d/b/a Personal Fund (“PersonalFund”) is committed to keeping your personal information safe. This Privacy Statement describes how we use personal information, with whom we may share it, how we keep it secure, and your rights relating to your personal information.
This Privacy Statement applies to PersonalFund users and customers (or “you”) who use, order, register, or interact with any product or service from PersonalFund. This includes customers and subscribers, product users and site visitors.
How we collect your information
PersonalFund collects your personal information through your interactions with us. Specifically, we collect your information when:
- You use, purchase, or subscribe to our products or services.
- You interact with us, including when you ask us for support, or otherwise contact us.
Personal information we collect
The types of personal information we collect depend on your interactions with us and may include the following:
- Name and contact information: Your name and email address.
- Account credentials: Your user ID and password, used to authenticate your account. We store encrypted passwords only. Your plain-text password is not retained.
- Payment details: If you are a paid subscriber, we collect your payment history, billing address and partial (but not complete) credit card information. The full credit card information you provide to our transaction processing partner, PayPal Merchant Services, is not accessible by us.
- Subscription and usage information: Information about the products or services you subscribe to and how you use them, including preferences, browsing history, and help information.
- Device and network information: Information about your device, such as browser type and IP address.
How we use personal information
PersonalFund uses personal information as permitted under applicable law, as you request or consent to, and for the following purposes:
- Provide our products and services, including to verify your identity, personalize the content you receive, create and administer your account, and send important account and product update information.
- Provide customer service, as well as technical and product support.
- Conduct research and develop, improve, test, and enhance the features and functions of our products and services.
- Protect your, our, or third parties’ networks, systems, property, or physical safety.
- Comply with requests from regulatory agencies, law enforcement, and other public and government authorities.
- Enforce our contracts, terms, and conditions or otherwise exercise our legal rights; defend ourselves from claims; and comply with laws and regulations that apply to us or third parties with whom we work.
- Generate anonymous, aggregated data that we use for research and product development. We may publish or otherwise provide the results of this research data in our products and services.
- Participate in any merger, acquisition, or other corporate transaction.
- Meet our or third parties’ audit and compliance requirements.
- PersonalFund does not sell or otherwise share your personal information with outside parties.
Aggregated and anonymized information
PersonalFund collects certain information about you and your use of our services to generate anonymous, aggregated data which we use for research, product development, and the purposes set forth above. We may publish or otherwise provide our research containing this aggregated data in our products and services to third parties.
Links to other websites and services
How we protect, store, and transfer your personal information
PersonalFund maintains a comprehensive information security program intended to keep your information safe. We have technical, physical, and organizational measures in place to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of personal information. The measures we use are appropriate to the nature, scope, and purpose for which we use the personal information we collect.
Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary, and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided.
Individual data access requests
Certain jurisdictions provide their residents rights to access, correct, restrict the sale of, or erase personal information. These rights are not absolute, and they don’t always apply in all cases.
If applicable, you can exercise your rights by sending us a personal data access request to firstname.lastname@example.org In response to a request, we may ask you to verify your identity and provide further information to help us better fulfill your request.
If you request that we erase your personal information and we process that request, we may still retain certain elements of your personal information as permitted by law, including to comply with legal, regulatory, or our own policy requirements.
We won’t discriminate against our customers that choose to exercise their rights to access, control, or delete their personal information. Some of our products and services, however, may require your personal information. If you choose not to provide your personal information, you may not be able to use those products or services.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we list the categories of our customers’ personal information that we’ve sold or disclosed for business purposes in the last twelve (12) months.
- Sales: In the last twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information.
- Disclosures: In the last twelve (12) months, we have not disclosed any personal information.
We do not sell our user’s personal information. In addition, Nevada law gives Nevada consumers the right to request that a company not sell their personal information. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to exercise this right, please submit your request to email@example.com.
Customers outside of the United States
Our website content pertains only to investment funds that are available exclusively in the United States. The site is not intended for use by non-U.S. investors and is not marketed to customers outside the United States. Our policy practices have not been designed to comply with other countries’ laws.
PersonalFund does not separately identify or collect any information that is specific to children.
Last updated: March 31, 2022